Covetly App Redesign
Covetly is an innovative app for toy, comic, and trading card collectors. It allows patrons to inventory their personal collections, check up-to-date prices of their items, and buy, sell, and trade items all on the same platform. Nothing quite like it for toy collectors exists on the market yet, so a contract UI/UX designer there I was faced with the unique challenge of creating and testing something highly in demand and unprecedented.
APP DESIGN, INTERFACE DESIGN, USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN
When I joined Covetly, their existing app was in need of a major overhaul. They'd determined there was huge demand for what the the app aimed to do, so with some brand new hires in place to manage the overhaul effort, I was taken on as a contract UI/UX designer to begin bringing a new vision for the platform to life.
- Full redesign of the existing Covetly app
- Style guide changes
- Creating and implementing new app features
- Validating app ideas through research and user testing
- Presenting design ideas and research findings to coworkers and stakeholders in a clear and concise way
- Contextual inquiry, ie. going to NY Comic Con and talking to collectors and vendors
People have large collections of collectible toys and cards. They'd like to:
- Inventory their personal collection (# of items, do they have multiples, how many in a specific character or category do they have, etc.)
- Know the most up-to-date prices of their items
- Find out the worth of their entire collection
Later, we would also add functionality to the app for users to buy, sell, and trade their collectibles.